- Contribute to the conservation of the Cordillera ladder before the threats of illegal logging, land trafficking, illegal hunting, expansion of agricultural borders through strategies of protection and constant vigilance in its area of more than 40 ha.
- Investigate existing high biodiversity and systematize information to contemplate knowledge management through environmental education
- Develop friendly activities with conservation through rural or ecological tourism, where the participation of the neighbors is very important, since they also benefit from some related services such as guided, communal tasks, food, lodging, surveillance and above all mutual collaboration
- Protection of the water factor in the Cordillera Escalera for the conservation of the ecosystem services provided by the ACONABIKH Reserve.
Sustainable Tourism – Aconabikh
It is committed to maintaining a Code of Ethics and Protocols for adapting the principles of Sustainable Tourism through:
- Demonstrate efficient and effective management with a sustainable destination strategy appropriate to its scale, considers environmental, economic, social, cultural, aesthetic, quality and safety issues and has formulated with the participation of its neighbors.
There are constant evaluations of tourism and related activities; Mitigation actions are established by natural disasters, risk factors and seasonal variability; future actions are registered for the adaptation to climate change within and around it, in this way the system contributes to the sustainability and resistance of the destination and environmental education on the climate of both residents and tourists.
Their routes are analyzed and evaluated by specialists to offer a proposal of competitive value in ecotourism and bird watching; develops actions to include social tourism to access all visitor profiles.
It establishes protocols, codes of ethics and tourist satisfaction surveys; as well as minimum levels of sustainability so that the quality of the services to maintain, also contemplates sanitary safety measures and of accidents of work or others, minimizing the risks linked to common delinquency.
An adequate promotion is made to access social networks, web pages, bird shows in South America, North America and the European Union; with ethics, authenticity and veracity in the products offered.
- Maximize the social and economic benefits with all the actors: economic success will make it possible to attend to social issues within ACONABIKH and its surroundings; investment issues and quality of tourism and environmental services is important to communicate.
Employment opportunities will be generated and preference is given to the local population, who are invited to know the benefits of the Cordillera Escalera conservation, environmental education strategies are developed in Progreso, Santa Rosa and the schools in the area, also in the schools of Tarapoto and the Banda de Shilcayo.
- Minimize the negative impacts of the ecotourism activity: There is a plan to protect the places with the greatest tourist and scenic value, the trails are rehabilitated, the water factor to reduce the risk of stream floods and to serve as a motivation for visitors to that they appreciate the importance of water.
We have a visitor management system for sites of tourist interest, which includes measures to conserve, protect and improve the natural and cultural assets of the ACONABIKH Reserve; with respect to the behavior of the visitors, booklets are given with the information that they must have within the Reserve and its surroundings, which are directed to minimize the negative impact especially on vulnerable sites and reinforce those positive behaviors of the visitors.
There must be a strategy to protect the cultural and natural heritage of the area of influence: adequate use of technologies and the prohibition of their extraction from their natural habitat.
Interpretation strategies of the sites of tourist interest are developed, with signage to understand the visitors.
- Maximize the benefits for the environment and minimize its negative impacts.
The Reserve has detected environmental risks and has an operating system to deal with them, as well as a system to monitor the environmental impact of tourism, conserve habitats, species and ecosystems, and prevent the introduction of invasive species.
One of the most important aspects is the protection of wildlife, the protection of the environment by its service providers); the energy is through non-renewable energy systems.